The goal of this plan is to sell more cases to your existing customers. Customers who are currently buying from you would like to buy MORE FROM YOU if you would just present them a common sense plan on why they should. The following 5 steps are how to get started versus going in each week and just getting another order.
Start the process with the customers you already sell.
1. How much money do you want to make? Figure how much money you are currently making per case sold.
2. How many cases do you need to sell each of your customers to reach your money goal?
3. CREATE AN INVENTORY LIST FOR EACH CUSTOMER of EVERY PRODUCT THEY PURCHASE FROM ANY PLACE (Not just what YOU sell them).
4. Get a list of the Top 200 items your company sells by cases sold. These products are what your company is best at in your market. This is the very reason your customers should be buying them. They are always in stock, work on many different kinds of menus and are priced right.
5. Get a list of the Top 200 items YOU sold in the past year by cases sold. Sell more of the products that you obviously know best!!
Most DSRs go through their weekly routine of just getting the order versus trying to pick up the customer’s other products they purchase. CHANGE THIS by offering your products from your TOP 200 list.
If you create their inventory list of all the products they purchase, you’ll know which products to ask for next– so get it made ASAP!!
Be prepared to double your sales!! The inventory list is the KEY TO THEIR KINGDOM…
Be a Resource…and Sell Something!